Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Authorization Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the authorization Objects for Personnel Subareas. What field do I fill in to specify this.

THANKS.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SU53 and check the failed objects for the concerned user after he enters the Transaction. Check in Profile > authorizations if the object is present or not. If not add manually and give the missing objects and the activity etc. Some times it fails repeatedly do the same every time till the problem is solved.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

personal area controled by HR Master data Object " P_ORGIN " the filed name is PERSA.

standard HR authorization object P_ORIGN does not contain an authorization field to control access to the personnel subarea.

0 Kudos

hi hussain and maritza,

in P_ORGIN the field PERSK is used to control the personnel subarea.

0 Kudos

thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Personnel Subareas can be controlled using

Auth Object: P_ORGXX

Auth Field: SACHP

Regards,

Suganya

0 Kudos

SACHP is used for the administrator for HR master data. this is a person and not a personnel subarea.

maybe you have constructed a way to authorize on PERSK to through this field (e.g. we are using the SBMOD field), but that is not standard SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

However PERSK is controled with employee subgroup, there should be some difference between employee group/subgroup and persona' area/subarea?

In HR there is an authorization object to control the personal area, but how is we want to control it within personal subarea?

0 Kudos

hi joseph!

in order to be able to use personnel subarea, we often use the VDSK1 field of P_ORGIN.

this is a method that allows you to use 'non-standard' (i.e. not included in P_ORGIN) infotype 1 fields for authorization.

if you have a look at the link above, it will explain how to set it up in detail. if not go ahead and ask!

P.S.  I noticed that 5 years ago I replied to this same thread only to realize now that PERSK is employee subgroup and not personnel subarea. sorry about that...

basisteam_uol
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.