cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send data to SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wants to perform production order confirmations using xMII. Can anybody give me some ideas on how to about this? So far, I have only been downloading data from SAP using BLS. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

V M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Built a BLT that works as desired.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

Thanks for your response. Could you please give me a sample transaction if you have it? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

V M.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

V_M,

If you have access to the ERP system, use transaction BAPI. This will take you to the BAPI Explorer which is very similar to SE37 in many functions. There are numerous confirmation BAPIs that can be used depending upon whether you are confirming an entire production order or just a single operation. If confirming a single operation, you have three choices depending on what information you are going to record in SAP. I have used two of them, TIME_TICKET, and TIME_EVENT. Start with someone who is familiar with the equivalent transactions in SAP to see which you should use. The data you will need to provide in the BAPI Request segment will depend upon what your system (and your application) require. I don't remember whether the documentation is helpful or not.

One last, important piece of info:

Inside SAP, the pages you see will prepend leading zeroes to Production Order numbers, Material numbers, Batch numbers, etc. Many, perhaps most, BAPIs do not. So you will need to format these with leading zeroes (unless you are using some custom mixed alpha numbering system).

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V M,

I have sample transaction but not able to link here..And your email ID is hidden.

Tell me how to help you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Rao,

I have added my e-mail id to my business card. Please send the sample transaction to that e-mail id. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Venki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the document. It explains more about monitoring 'Successful Connections" and not the actual production order confirmation process. Do you have something that explains the settings in the object and link editor of JCo action block and outputting the SAP message in XML format - any SAP process is fine meaning goods movement or creating a production order etc.; not necessarily production order confirmation? I need to understand the settings and functionalities of some key action blocks. Give me a call so we can discuss it further. Many thanks once again.

Regards,

Venki.