cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between material listing and item proposal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

COuld you explain what is the difference between material listing and item proposal?

--james

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you create a material listing for a specific customer, the customer can only order products from that list.

A product proposal is a list of products for a specific customer that is automatically proposed during sales document processing. You can determine yourself which materials should be displayed as product proposals in the sales document. You can also specify the sequence in which the materials are to be displayed in the product proposal.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanth and all,

Thank u very much for spending your precious time.

Could you pls, explain without giving definitions.

Because in material listing and product proposal also we select material from list for specific customer.And in both scenarios we can do modify quantities also.But what is the difference....

Hope can receive accurate answer..

I'll give points to you..

--James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James,

Like the others have explained before, Item Proposal is a facility where if the customer is buying a lot of items routinely you can create a list of those items and store it in his CMR. The simple thing is that other than from this list he can always buy anything else from our product range. This is just a facility where I dont have to enter in the Sales Order regularly-buying-items, each and every time he wants those items.

Where as in Material Listing, I want to sell this customer only some products from my line of items, so those items I make a List and maintain in his CMR. He cannot buy any other items from me. OK?

In Material Exclusion, instead of the above case, if I dont want him to buy some items from my range of items, I make a list of those items and store them as Material Exclusion in his CMR. Now he cannot buy these items from me but can buy anything else from my range of items.

Hope you understood the logic behind these 3 terms.

Plz do reward points if you feel this was of good use and also kindly close the thread once you got your satisfactory answer.

Regards.

Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Item Proposal is automatically proposed by the system while creating a sales order for a specific customer.

This setting is maintained in the Sales Area of customer master under Sales tab.

It can be stored as master records. When you create a sales order, you can refer to an item proposal, look over the proposed items, and copy all or just selected items into the order. If a customer routinely orders the same goods, you can create a proposal and enter it in the customer master record. During sales order processing, the system automatically proposes items from this proposal.

Item Proposal is created using VA51.

Material Listing lists which materials a customer can buy. With material listing or exclusion you can control which materials can be sold to each customer.

A material listing is created for a customer. The customer can only buy the materials contained in the list. The system does not allow any materials to be entered if they are not contained in the material listing.

If no records exist for material listing, the sold-to party, for example, can in principle buy the same materials as the payer. However, if there is a material listing record specific to the sold-to party, the sold-to party can only buy the materials permitted in the list. These materials do not have to be identical to those which the payer can buy.

Material listing and material exclusion are controlled using the condition technique.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Priyanka

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear james

Material listing and exclusion lets you control which materials specific customers may or may not buy. For example, if you create a listing of products for an individual customer, the customer may only order products on the list. If you create an order for this customer, a check is carried out during item entry to make sure that the material entered is on the list. You can also specify material exclusion for a particular customer. The customer may not order excluded materials from you.

Item Proposal is that Frequently occurring material combinations and common delivery quantities can be stored as item proposals. When creating an order, you can take items from the item proposal. You can also use a search help. An item proposal can consist of materials of different material types.

The order entry can be processed more efficiently using item proposals. Item proposals can be transferred into a sales order document or be selected from a selection list, for example. Data from the current material master is always taken into account. Items proposed from an item proposal can always be changed in the sales order.

An item proposal, containing the materials a customer usually orders, can be assigned to that customer, for example. When using item proposals in the sales document, this item proposal is then proposed for selection.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi