cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Unit in Purchase Requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained the order unit the material master and have activated it. I am now creating a PR, the system does not show the order unit. It defaults the base unit of measure and it does not allow me to change it to the order unit. In our scenario, we dont have info records. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During PR processing, system only allows Base UoM because PR is an internal Purchasing Document and internally stock of materials are measured as per Base UoM.

During RFQ, PO, Contracts, etc... system allows Order Unit, because Order Unit is for external source of supplies not for in-house purpose.

Hope it will clear your view, if it is your client's requirement then try to convience him on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our client's case this procurement is for indirect materials. So the number of material masters are not very high. They want to use the same material master to purchase for different categories. For ex: Office Supplies as a material master is used for procuring glass/steel sheets in feet or nos as per the case. So during the time of requisition they would want the requisitioner to put in the appropriate purchase unit.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do that by maintaining the PO unit in the Source of Supply tab.

In the materail master you need to flga the material for Varibale order unit allowed & no order unit to be maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore, you are right. I have already tried that. But even in that case the system does not default from the material master. I have enter it manually. Is there any other alternative?

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

At the time of creation of PR the base UOM is the same but you can miantain different PO units in the Source of supply tab.

If you are procuring wicth account assignemnt you need not worry that much as it is not kept in stock.

What matters more is the PO unit in this case.

Automatic determination of PO unit , i am not sure if it is feasibles as you have mentioned that they keep changing it....

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes in the PR it will take the base UOM only.

But when you adopt the same in Purchase order the order unit is taken into Considration.

Please check the same.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore