Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifying the need for Governance Risk and Compliance in Defense

dante_ricci
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Since Defense organizations must deal with managing internal compliance efforts and are continually challenged to provide clear evidence of internal controls to stakeholders (executives, legislators, constituents) I beleive there is a need by these organizations to leverage governance, risk and compliance solutions that can help them manage these activities...

I want to put out a call to the community to see where you may see the need beyond the areas I mentioned above for governance, risk and compliance in Defense

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A good positive Institutional culture concerns the most in "defense".

A bad culture can predate the "GRC" any time.

We have many failure stories,stark realities and sad examples from the "TQM" experience VIS A VIS the culture.

I have been sadly watching -around the world- the elected representatives being silenced / jailed by the junta,the governments toppled in bloody coups,the tacit military rule,the army-terrorist nexus.....

In a rogue culture where is the place for GRC?

A study of the Institutional philosophy-their appetite for peace,war,obedience etc-the culture are of paramount importance from the stake holder's perspective.

My 2%.

Regards.

Ramesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dante_ricci
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Dan. I agree.

0 Kudos

Hi Dante,

You are correct; showing compliance is a key driver behind Defense organizations choosing GRC products. However, your question isn't as easy as providing you with a list of standard reasons for investing in GRC. What is required is an understanding of each discipline; Governance, Risk and Compliance, and translating these areas into real business scenarios for the customer. In your example, Compliance is only one aspect in GRC. The Public Sector is open to discussions on Governance and Risk as well. These organizations establish strategy/policy just like the private sector (Governance), and need to use tools/practices like Risk Management to identify and address threats to their objectives. Hope this helps. Dan