cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Roles into AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Currently experiencing a problem importing roles into AE using the Download Template provided. We have kept the template standard as suggested by the config guide. When the file is imported it says "import was successfully done" but no roles are imported into AE.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodger-

In my experience, I have done implementations where I used the template to import roles and it worked. I have done it where I had to import each role one-by-one, because the template did not work.

I do not know why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Because I am always under a time constraint for implementations, I do whatever works, and don't bother to investigate the problem further.

If you have time, and find out why it's not working, then please let me know. If not, then do the following work around:

1. If template doesn't work, then import each role one-by-one.

2. If importing roles one-by-one doesn't work, then create each role in AE.

3. Worst case scenario, download roles directly from the SAP system. Then search the roles in that system in AE and delete the ones you will not be using.

I had to implement all 3 cases. Most of the time, there is a work-around...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I think the template will ALWAYS work if all the attributes are created yet and maybe the language columns are added.

You just have to figure out which 15 of the 10.000 roles have not been imported and why.

Regards,

Daniela

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everybody

Will try all suggestions and will keep you posted.

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the system log and find the cause of the problem. Even if 1 role is not uploaded, it will show some error message for that. May be that will give you a clue which attribute is missing.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also found that the last column in the spreadsheet must be populated for every role. That somehow defines the cell range to be uploaded.

And don't forget to close the file in Excel before you do the upload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Daniela said make sure you have all the attributes defined for the roles first and then pls check on your template for the system and role approver tabs, whether they have been filled with system(P) and name|Y respectively. Some times even the template name makes a difference while uploading, kind of weird but thats how it works!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you create all the

- Connectors

- Functional Areas

- Business Processes

you are using in the spreadsheet in AE yet?

Check Configuration -> Roles -> Attributes if they exist with this name.

Also, the template sometimes lacks the latest language(s). You can just add some columns for this, but I am not sure if this will lead to a failed upload. Most times it is the values.

Regards,

Daniela

PS: It's always useful to start "small" and test the upload with 1-5 role entries. If successful, use the overwrite option later to upload everything.