cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set automap value mapping during manual import??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1.How do I set the value mapping to automap during manual import using import manager?

I am clicking the automap everytime I import the source file.I want them to be automatically value mapped everytime.

2.Similarly how to automatically add a value in value mapping if the value is not there in the repository akready?Can we achieve this for specific field in the repository,instead for all the fields.I do not want all the missing values to be added automatically for all the fields.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have a look up table while importing the data, you have some values in the destination and some values in the source file.

If everytime you don`t want to use Automap you can just define the remote keys for all the values that are there in the Source and in Console and in Import Manager, under Configuration Options set the field Automatic Value Mapping as YES.

After doing this every time you will import the data in the souce file will be automatically mapped to the remote keys on the destination side.

Hope this would be helpful!!!!!

If helpful do reward Points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel, During Import you have to automap here values for fields which are lookup to Subtables. but for main table fields(which are not lookup to Subtables) say of type(text,Integer etc) Value mapping gets automatically done even if this values are not present in the repository for your saved map.

So here, for auto value Map import for the fields (which are look up to )subtables. After mapping these lookup fields and Values of main table with required source fields and values. In destination fields, Right click on the any field which lookup to Subtable , you will get property Set MDIS Unmapped Value Handling = Add, do this for all your lookup fields and then save the map. after this Set Matching Fields in Match records tab and then again save the map.

Next time if any new value come for these lookup tables too its automatically imported using MDM Import Server if your MDIS service is running without value exception. when you put the file in your Server Ready Folder.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful......

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep Saini,

Is Set MDIS Unmapped Value Handling = Add works for MDIS when file is in ready folder?

How about the manual import through Import manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Is Set MDIS Unmapped Value Handling = Add works for MDIS when file is in ready folder?

No,I tried it does not automatically automap to the lookup field when it is in the ready folder.

I am also looking into the same issue,I want value mapping to be automatic on lookup fields too when importing from the ready folder manually ,atleast...