Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_ALL

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

how to find role names of SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW

profiles.

If anyone knows plz suggest.

Regards

Manjula

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U dont need to find the name anywhere, just enter with transaction SU01 and type the names of SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW inside the profiles tab and press enter it will automatically take.

Regards,

Abinash

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 19, 2008 2:24 PM

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U dont need to find the name anywhere, just enter with transaction SU01 and type the names of SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW inside the profiles tab and press enter it will automatically take.

Regards,

Abinash

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 19, 2008 2:24 PM

0 Kudos

Hi

I am not concerned about the system will take or not

but the thing is I want to know the name of that rolename

of sap_all and sap_new.

Manjula

0 Kudos

Manjuala,

SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW are profiles and don't have any roles. So there is nothing for you to know.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SUIM -> select roles -> under roles select by profile assignment -> enter the profile name and the press execute.

You will get the list of roles that contain that particular profile.

But it is unlikely that SAP_ALL would be in any role.

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assumed answered and moved to the security forum...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjula,

There is a difference between roles and profiles.

Profiles are categorized into 3 types.

1. SAP Delivered profiles ( like SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW )

- these are delivered by SAP. SAP_ALL can be re-generated. These are not associated with any roles. Can be assigned directly to a user via SU01, profiles tab.

2. Manual profiles ( Created via SU02, not longer used anymore! )

- these are created manually and were used when the concept of roles did not exist. This is obsolete now, and is no longer used! Again, these are not associated with any roles.Can be assigned directly to a user via SU01, profiles tab.

3. Generated profiles.

- When we create a role, we get a workspace to maintain authorizations via PFCG. Once we maintain the values for the objects and ORG values(if any) we desire, we can generate the role which gives us a generated profile. These generated profiles are associated with roles, whcih can be seen via table AGR_PROF. We cannot change/maintain generated profiles via SU02 or assign them directly via SU01. The associated role has to be assigned in order to assign the authorizations.

So to answer your question, SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW are SAP Delivered standard profiles and are not associated with any roles.

Hope this clarifies

Thank you

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hii Abhishek,

That information was really useful I thankyou for

that can you guide me how to create separate

roles that to module wise..I really want to do

that ... I thought If at all SAP_ALL has any

role I can have a look at it,copy it to some

other and change as per the need and assign

it consultants in the module wise ...so

I asked asked about the profile name in SDN.

<removed_by_moderator>

Thank you

manjula

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 24, 2008 6:49 AM

*PS: Your questions are all unresolved and going "offline" is not the intention of these forums.

Please read the rules of engagement. If you do not clean up, your user ID will be deleted.*