cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Connections exception CIM_ERR_ALREADY_EXISTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to define the JCo connections for my WD application in the Content administrator. The first JCO connection WD_MODELDATA_DEST is created and its connection tested successfully. While creating the second one WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST, I follow the exact same values I used for WD_MODELDATA_DEST but I get the following exception:

Failed to create new JCo client connection WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST: com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.LcrException CIM_ERR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Instance already exists: SAP_MsgServJCODestination.CreationClassName="SAP_MsgServJCODestination", Name="WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST"............ its pretty long and I cannot paste the exception - it is displayed in the bottom and I cannot copy it!

What am I missing or doing wrong here? Please help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to run the webdynpro application for ABAP functions (TutWD_Flightlist 4). I have cretaed JCO connection for WD_MODELDATA_DEST and its tested successfully. When i am trying to create the next JCO connection for WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST i am getting the execption.

I have created Message server with Hostname equal to SAP System Address. Now in Webdynpro/content administrator in step 3 for creating connection i select the Message server created in SLD. but i am not able to see any value for system name and group name. In the last step it gives me error with null pointer execption.

Error: Failed to create new JCO connection error while getting the connection parameter.

I checked the SLD/ClassBrowser for the JCO connection for Message serever...it is displaying

Caption as JCO connection for null,800

and value for Msgserver is blank.

Can anybody helpe on this problem?

Thanks,

Mital.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any documents for setting up the JCo destinations in the webdynpro content administrator. We are error getting message 'Connection to SLD could not be opened successfully'. we are using Netweaver sneak preview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Makesh,

there's an updated tutorial accessing ABAP functions available here: https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/webdynpro.sdn?page=TutWD4_AccessingABAP.htm

The PDF document describing the tutorial includes the necessary steps to setup SLD and to create/manage JCO connections.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdul and Shakeel - both your suggestions helped to fix the issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

While defining WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST, make sure you have selected Dictionary Meta Data.

Regards

Shakeel

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

try removing it and adding again.

Regards

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

when i create a SLD and at the last it is showing the error "CIM_ERR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Instance already exists: SAP_BCSystem.CreationClassName=.............." if i remove the entry and if i create new it shows the above error . how can i remove the entrie in portal.

regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I am also facing the same issue.. if u got any solution, please send across to me

Thanks in Advance

Ganesh