cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Procurement for Public Sector package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

does anyone have any useful info on what is actually included in the SAP Procurement for Public Sector package?

I've read the solution brief which is really general and doens't actually give any details.

What I'm after is to know which components of SRM are actually included in this licensing package?

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RebeccaH
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I'm part of the IBU for Public Sector, specializing in the SAP PPS Package.

HIGH-LEVEL PACKAGE CONTENTS (a.k.a. BOM):

- SAP SRM (current GA release based on 5.0; Q4 08 planned release is based on 7.0)

- SAP Document Builder (current GA release v 2.0; Q4 08 planned release has v 3.0)

- SAP NW Records Management/Case Management (rights to use for any procurement scenarios - HR, FI, other uses require additional licenses)

- Enhancements to these components and SAP ERP 2005 that are known in the technical component list as Government Procurement 1.0 (in the current GA release) or Government Procurement 7.0 (in the Q4 08 release).

COMPONENT EXPLANATIONS:

- When we say "SAP SRM", generally we mean "the combined package of engines that were formerly sold as single components", including Strategic Sourcing, Bidding Engine, Auctions, MDM Catalog (only - not all MDM is included), etc. Legally, I cannot say "all SRM components" because the list may be changed periodically, but I cannot think of a particular exception either.

- SAP Document Builder is currently not sold separately.

- SAP NetWeaver Records and Case Management are not the ones used in CRM - these are the standard delivered apps for Records and Case Management with SAP, used to accomplish several PPS scenarios.

CLARIFICATIONS:

NOTE1: product PPS should NOT be referred to as "SAP Government Procurement", which is a retired product name. The term "Government Procurement" today only refers to the technical set of enhancements, and is an internal convention within SAP, so you won't see it referred to normally.

NOTE2: eSourcing is not the same as SRM. eSourcing is not part of PPS, and is not part of the license for PPS. We do not recommend a customer to buy both eSourcing and PPS, since they address different needs and pains. e.g., PPS should be considered when integration with ERP is important.

NOTE3: ERP 6.0 is required for PPS customers, but SRM 'core' does not have that dependency. It's too long to explain here, but suffice to say you wouldn't expect to be able to run an XBOX game on your 1986 Nintendo console. We cannot run most new PPS functionality on older ERP releases for much of the same reason: we have been building new functionality as quickly as NetWeaver gave us the tools to do so. If this stuff were easy it've been done by now - by SAP and our competitors.

However, rest assured ERP PRs (and SOs) can still start the process as well as SRM Shopping Carts and POs are replicated to ERP so follow-on GR/IR can be done in ERP.

Enhancements have been made to ERP 6.0 as well, including in the base release, and in EhP 3 and EhP 4 of ERP 6.0, which will be important with the Q4 08 PPS planned release, to enable signifcant new complex line item and pricing functionality and other features. And again - you can run Classic + Extended Classic using the Ext Classic BADI.

NOTE4: ERP 6.0 is not part of the PPS BOM and no ERP 6.0 rights are included. Customers must have Business Suite or other ERP user licenses in conjunction.

NOTE5: Customers with SRM licenses today may convert their license to PPS. This is done on a case-by-case basis, so SRM customers in Public Sector are not required to migrate or convert - contact your SAP AE for details if you need more information.

For more information, you can contact me at: FirstnamedotlastnameatSAPdotcom.

Rules prohibit me from typing the address into the answer, but I am the Field Services contact for partners in the Americas for this product so it's appropriate in this case to contact me directly.

Thanks to SDN regular Andreas Muno for sending me your Post so that I could respond.

Best regards,

Rebecca Hughes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

thanks for the detailed response, very helpful.

Cheers

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rebecca,

Your response was very helpful. I was searching about "Government Procurement" and your thread explained much I needed to know. By the way, now I know the term Government Procurement is obsolete...

Thanks

Answers (0)