cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD/MM PR generated from SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise the following observation?

I used item cat. 'TAB' to generate a PR directly from SO. However, i noticed the delivery date in the PR always change according to my requested delivery date in the schedule line. I thot the proposed PR shd be based on the procurement lead time to determine the delivery date. This PR delivery date will then become the material availability date in the SO.

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is what i am puzzling. If the lead time is 15 days and i create a SO schedule line with request delivery date within the lead time, then due to ATP check, system will auto-propose new delivery date based on procurement lead time. The auto generated PR delivery date shd be the end of lead time, but it's way before lead time. I dun think this is correct from the expected receipt date standpoint.

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while creating Sales order u can see the PR material delivery date. This delivery date is based on Procurement lead time system will not consider SO schedule line date.

For ex: Today u are creating SO schedule line date is after 10 days. if the procurment lead time is 15 days system will create a automatic PR with lead time of 15 days.

Hope this is clear, still if u have any questions let me know.

Regards,

Murthy V N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter;

I think there are 2 things that we need to look at here...

1. CSL of the SO

2. Delivery of the PO.

What you have said is right, that the delivery date in the PO is the requested dly date of the SO. This fine i guess, let us assume that you have a customer placing an order today but wants the delivery 1 month from now, why will you create a stock right away? So the PR date has to be in the future, depending on the time to procure/manufacture the item.

Now as and when the re-scheduling runs, the PO corresponding to the SO will be touched and that would in turn chage the CSL on the SO.

You will get the CSL only when the GR for the PO happens.

I think the system is behaving normally here.

Regards,

Mani