Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J_1IRGSUM table not updating while running J1I5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting and error during J1I5. This is due to Receipt Qty is less than Issued Qty. During analysis, I've found that, J_1IRGSUM (Summary Table) has not been updated during some document posting. Now untill, balance not gets updated in this table, we can not update RG1. This issues only since start of this month. So can anybody tell me the way to update this summary table. I've developed a program to update qty directly in this table, but program executed successfully, but not getting impact on databse.

Please suggest...

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

This type of problem only comes in older version of SAP(till SAP4.6) not in current one.

Basic steps to update J_1IRGSUM table:

1)Go to Table J_1IRGSUM ,enter your material xxxx and execute it. This table will give you the details of Cumulative receipts and Cumulative issue for the material against the excise group.

2)Again go to table J_1IPART1 and enter you material xxxx for which you want to make update.Here you will find the details of material ,material document ,excise group with goods movement type(receipt(R) and issue(I)).

3)Compare the goods receipt and goods issue for material xxxx from both the table(J_1IRGSUM & J_1IPART1).

If there is any mismatch for the data(receipt and issue) then you need to update it to SAP.This is a common issue for older version of SAP(till SAP 4.6)with J_1IRGSUM table.

The steps you need to follow is that first you need to take approval from Business to make the changes in J_1IRGSUM table.

After taking the approval from business you need to raise SAP OSS message for the same and open the connection for the respective system(Production system).

The OSS connection will be open for a limited time period. Once the connection will be open ,you need to give the basic data like material ,Excise group, register name(RG23A) ,cumulative receipts and cumulative issue to SAP.

SAP need the login credential(User name and password)  to make the changes in the system. Once the SAP will get it they will update the register (RG23A)

for the material xxxx.

You can see the updated material quantities in J_1IRGSUM table and now you can able to post the RG23A part1 register with J1I5.

Regards,

Shashi

0 Kudos

@shashi- Nice documentation.its really helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

Check whether the material exists in J_2IRG1BAL TABLE OR NOT. If not update the FG material in that table packed or loose with unit of measure.

Why the receipt qty is less than the issued quantity. Check the report MB5B, MB52  reports clearly check the issues & receipts with movement types & material documents as well.

Now compare RG1 related tables. J_1IRG1, J_1IRGSUM & analyse.

If there is no any other route to solve the problem means we have delete the values in these two tables J_1IRG1, J_1IRGSUM we need to make the quantity zero with the help abaper & again run the report J1I5 for reciepts & issues properly(compare the stock reports & movement types same appearing or not while doing RMA/ROP--reciepts & IDH for issues), which is not recommendable. If there is no other option we have to go in this way only. check why this issue is occuring.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check in table J_1IRG1BAL(Product form should be "P", there should not be lower case p or blank). i hope this will work.

Regards

Maruthi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now you need to update the correct cum issue/receipt qty in J_1IRGSUM table manually, and then do the J1I5.

Regards,

Rajasree R

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Normally in production system we don't have authorization to do the changes, so we need to take the help of SAP to make the changes in J_1IRGSUM table.

For more info you can refer to my above post.

Regards,

Shashi

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.