cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem logon Visual Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybordy

Sorry to bother you, but I am a total newbie to SAP. I have downloaded the sneak preview of web as, installed it and am now running the visual administrator. For the logon I choose default (user Administrator) and it asks me for a password. What is that password? I've tried sap, the one I entered during installation, but nothing works.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you tell me what exact sneak preview version you have downloaded and from where?How did you install the same ?

for your information I have downloaded the Sneak preview Java edition SP11 from SDN under "Downloads" link extracted the same and run the startup.bat application.

After successfully installing I have used userid "admin" and password "admin" to login to visual adminstrator and I did not see any problem.

can ypu provide me with the details so that I can answer you better.

regards,

guru

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

If you have installed Sneak Preview WebAS java edition on SP 11 & want to login to Visual Admin well you have to use the following ;-

User id in Visual Admin is "admin" and please note it is not "administrator".

Password for the userid "admin" is also "admin".

Port is 50004.

Hope it solves ur problem.

Regards,

Guru Subramanian B.

P.S :- let me know if your problem is solved.Reward points if your problem is solved fully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although I am using SP11, I doubt that admin is the right value.

unable to look up connection admin

http://localhost:50004/msgserver/text/logon returned an empty list of connection parameters

With Administrator that does not occur and I found out that using Administrator with wrong passwords locks the account for Administrator. -> create SAP* user and unlock.

But the problem remains. I cannot log in