cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign at the same different constant values to an element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have node with an element (PARAM) with 2 attributes NAME and VALUE and i would like to assign 4 different constant values to attributes at the same time . The PARAM element can be repeated only once creating the DATA TYPE How can be repeated 4 times in mapping?

Could it be done writing a simple UDF ?is there any example?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just duplicate your Param node 4 times...and assign 4 constants to name and value attrubutes.

reward if helps.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could be help me, but when i duplicate the node in mapping it gets deleted when i save the mapping.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After duplicating, map the node to the constant. If you dont map it, the duplicated nodes will be deleted.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Sanjeev, it is working

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If possible duplicate the element instead of node.

Thanks,

RamuV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No its not possible to assign the multiple attributes to the single Data type element.

As for Data type you can have the occurances as Unmbounded but for Attributes you can't have.

Attributes are used to create the unique identity of the data element, so it will not allwoed to assign multiple Attributes with same names to the sigle element.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear swarup

i would like to dublicate not only the attributes but the element param tha includes the attributes assigning to them different values

Thanks

Antonis