cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trex installation link to sap server which is on windows cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

i want install TREX 7.1 on PRODUTION server the prodcution server is in mscs cluster as per note 1107725 trex is not supported on windows cluster environment. but i have two application (dialog instance) of this server .

i want trex server for hr e-recruitment application

1.can i intall trex server on application server

2.if yes can trex server communicate to production server which is on cluster envirnment,

3.if no can i install Trex server server on other server and communicate to my production server. if possible then which type Trex installation i have to follow .

Thanks in Advance

Ravi ghangurde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please suggest,

which installtion i have to follow.

1.Installing TREX with a Virtual Host Name

2.Installing a TREX Global File System with a First TREX Instance

3.Installing a TREX Instance Only

or

4.Installing a TREX Global File System

i want trex installation for e-recruting

Please suggest.

If you have any step by stap document please provide.

Thanks and regards,

Ravi

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you only need one TREX instance choose option 2 (global file system and first TREX instance)

when installed you will have to configure TREX to talk to your SAP System (create RFC Destination in SAP System, modify appropriate config file on TREX to register as RFC Server in the SAP System etc.)

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1. Yes you can install TREX on app server, you need to assign a unique system number to it.

2. The TREX communicates with the production server via RFC or HTTP. In both cases you should provide virtual IP or virtual hostname, so you should not have any problem with that

Nahum