Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1: Filling choice of DropDownByKey widget

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a question for NW Mobile 7.1

Dear all,

we want to use the DropDownByKey widget of WebdynPro for Java on the mobile client.

we want to fill the list of choices from a table in our data base

we have a data model, data service, and an operation that returns a result set with just one column

we are able to display this result set in a single column table (for testing)

now we want to fill the choices of the DropDownByKey widget with that result set

how would we do this? I could not find any documentation that helps.

The examples in the documentation only refers to java lists of strings (like the names of the months) which are then added to the choice list using "put" for each value of the list.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Andre

Edited by: André Gerdts on Jun 19, 2008 3:49 PM

to clarify: we are developing for PDAs

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional Information:

I found some documentation at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/46/3591388578141de10000000a1553f6/content.htm

but implementing this only gives me an empty dropdown list, while there is data in the data object.

I guess I will open a SAP call now.

If I get a solution, I will post it here ...

Thanks, Andre

jan_fetzer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

the Dropdownbykey control behaves exactly as in standard web dynpro - please use the std wd documentation at [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/08/13dbfb6e779743bb2ca641ebcb3411/frameset.htm] for details on the control.

Bye, Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

this information is very helpful and we got it to work in the case that all the records of the helper table should be used to fill the dropdown list.

In the declaration of the helper, it is only possible to specify a data object and the relevant columns. As far as we can see, it is not possible to be more selective to only use certain records based on a filter with input from some other dynamic value.

The case:

- we have 4 DropDownLists.

- the selected value of one DropDown widget determines the subset of allowed values for the next DropDown widget

- all super sets of allowed values are in Data Objects downloaded from the backend. Simplified, they consist of just 2 columns: filter column and value column. We need to select on the filter column to only load the the values from the value column

we don't see that we can abstract such a query with an input parameter in such a way, that we can specify it as the helper table.

Is this a limitation of the feature? or did we miss something?

Cheers, Andre