cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI Error in IDES 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When doing PGI ( i.e:Current date) the system shows the error messege"Posting only possible in periods 2002/12 and 2002/11 in company code 1000"...( In IDES 4.7).

Where to do the necessary settings?

Thanks & regards

Subhasish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you have copied your company code from 1000. The materials Management posting periods has to be closed/opened every month. There is no automatic process in standard SAP. So close each month using transaction MMPV.

Go to Txn : MMPV, input your company code , period as 01 and year as 2003, execute. If the conversion is successful the system will give you a message "company code converted".

Once you close the period 01 2003, then you need to close

02 2003, then 03 2003 and so on upto 06 2008, each month.

Prase

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

subashis,

pl follw the steps

1. OX18, delete the assignment of plant from company code

2. OMSY, ENTER THE PERIOD AS 01/2003 IN FRONT OF UR company code

3. OX18, AGAIN ASSIGN PLANT TO COMPANY CODE

4.OMWD, enter 0001 in front of ur PLANT

REWARD IF HELP FUL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhasish,

As you mentioned in thread that you are getting error relavant to Posting is not defined for the given period.

If you check the period it is of 6 years back.

In general Posting period will be maintained by Finance Team.

Maintian posting period as current date by using transaction code MMPV.

In feature maintain posting period monthly wise such that you cannot get this type of errors.

If you have any constrains please revert back the same to me

Amjath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

close each month from 2002 to till 2008 july .using transaction MMPV

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

At the time of installation the defult date was 01.12.2002. I installed it 1 month back.So to do transaction i changed the sysytem date to 01.12.2002.But now the current date of system is 06.01.2003 for that the PGI is not possible.

But now when i do the MMPV transaction i entered the co code 1000, Period 01, Fiscal year 2003 to do the necessary settings then the sysytem shows the messege( " Close period for material master:- incorrect period in control rec. of co code 1000:no conversion. The current period(month/year) of the control record is 01/2003)

Please Help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use MMRV Code for allowing posting for previous period. and OB52 for maintaining the period.

and MMPI for material Master.

Hope this will help.

Rewarrd Point if helpful.

thanks,

Raja

Edited by: Raja Singh Chhabeda on Jun 19, 2008 12:07 PM

Edited by: Raja Singh Chhabeda on Jun 19, 2008 12:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks to all the members who helped me.My problem is solved.

Regards

subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasish,

1st u have to do posting periods for ur company code up to this month (T.code is MMPV) then it allows do it.

Regards

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasis,

In SAP You can post certain goods in the period which is opened for taking goods. For example sometimes in some company it happenes like they stop any kind of posting into there account for certain periods so they close that.

while doing the PGI this error is coming because only that period i.e. 2002/12 and 2002/11 is opened and as per calllendar the period should be 5/2008 to 6/2008 and so on.

Generally its the work of FI guys to look for the period openings and closing.

Use T-Code MMPV for closing this and open new. You have to do this month wise.

Hope this will help.

Reward Point if helpful.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error occurs when the Posting period for a particular co.code is not changed. In your case the updation has not happened for the past 6 yrs.

Now to rectify it u need to the t.code MMPV, the issue here is that u have run for each period. For instance u need to open 01/2003 and then 02/2003 and so on. This is tedious.

The other way of doing it is get a ABAP person to do debug-replace on the table MARV and set the value for the current period.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mani