cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication of multi-valued field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to syndicate a multi-valued lookup field which has 0...infinity entries. The syndicator documentation says that "The ability to syndicate each value of a multi-valued field to a repeating element is not currently supported by MDM". So all I can do is to syndicate all entries into a single xml element containing all values seperated by comma.

My solution now:

<roles>

<role>SAP_BC_ADMINISTRATOR,SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR</role>

</roles>

Do you know any procedure to bring the values in repeating elements or when not, where do you split them up? In XI or later on in SAP?

<roles>

<role>SAP_BC_ADMINISTRATOR</role>

<role>SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR</role>

</roles>

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Regards, bd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bd,

To Syndicate Multi valued field

<roles>

</roles>

to

<roles>

<role>SAP_BC_ADMINISTRATOR</role>

<role>SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR</role>

</roles>

You can do it at the time of Mapping in XI.Message mapping (Graphical Mapping) in XI you need to define a user defined function to split the multiple values of a field in source side in order to Map the values to Multiple fields in Target Side.

I am taking your example:

this is a field in the syndicated file that contains multiple values and it needs to transfer the values in two different fields at target side suppose field1 and field2.

then define a user defined function suppose UDF1 that contains the logic to split the values (hint: Use split function.)

then Map role>UDF1>Field1

role>UDF1>Field2

the UDF1 logic will split the value and pass them to Field1 and Field2 respectively at Target Side.

Reward if Helpful,

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Answers (0)