cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Excel file on the receiver side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a scenario where I have to create an Excel file on the reciever side.

For this i am using XSLT mapping as suggested in the blog below:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2803] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Though an Excel file is bein created on the reciever side; it is empty.

Can any body suggest why this is happening. what is missing in the mentioned code?

Also, if not this what are the other ways of achieving the above requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to see your extension is .XML(capital letters) or .xml(smal letters) it should always be in small letters

It doesnot matter if you give any extension. Because by default XI will create only XML files. If you give the extension as .xml then you can direclty open in the Browser. Otherwise you will end up with going option of "Open With " by right clicking the file. I think it clears your doubts. You can open with XSD also.

Regard. second one..

Configuration Scnenario is the logical grouping of your Integration Scneario. Usually it is client dependent. Usually it is configured in the client space.

You will be using Service Without Pary in most of the times. If your Scenario is B2B then you will be using Service with Party.

If you need more info go to help.sap.com.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Try this.

You need to create a module processor for writing a file to excel. The module is required to convert the XML from XI to Excel.

For writing the file to Excel, you need to download an API for excel called as POI. the jar files for POI needs to be added in your NWDS. Using the POI API, you can

write files to Excel.

The business logic should be written in an EJB file and you need to follow the rest of steps for creating the module.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/cd/5af7c0c994e24fb0d0088443513de2/frameset.htm

Also check these helpful threads:

Hope these help

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thanks for your replies,

Could you please suggest some changes that i could incorporate in the code to make it work ?

Thanks,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without seeing your code its tough to debug the issue.

Just try removing the statement

<?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?>

from your xslt and test iyour mapping in IR by giving the same source by which you are testing. See what the output is. Is the target values getting populated properly from the source structure. It might be possible that the target values are not getting poulated.

Once it works fine then add the above tag again and do end to end testing. that should resolve your issue.

Thanks

Amit

Reward points if answer is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have used the same code mentioned in the blog.

I am a novice in XSLT mapping so am not able to locate the error that well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's what i told. Please remove the line mentioned above and test your mapping in IR. If still you are not able to figure out the issue send me the source data , the mapping and target structure you are using either at my id or you can post it here..

Thanks

Amit