cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Necessity of deploying application server for ECC and EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

Currently we are considering whether we should deploy dialog instance for CI&DB instance in this new implementation project. Top level think we already have a powerful hardware for CI&DB performance, security level for internal users is acceptable. So it's no need to deploy another dialog instance to do load balancing or user group distribution for ECC. Regarding Portal, there will be 400 out of 2500 users log on EP to use ESS/MSS, some of them will connect from external network or internet, shall we put application server or webdispatcher into the picture? In this scenario, can I have some professional suggestions and documents from you for deeper research?

Best regards

Effan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Applicaiton Server: Not required as your system is High End server, it could easily take the load of 400 users without any problems. Its not necessary to put money on additional hardware.

WebDispatcher: Yes as it would help you and team to manage the URL properly for the external users. Also for administration of Internet application flow would be easy.

Just if we go according to QuickSizer tool of SAP and putting the rough data. then the requirements are like this:

Solution Release CPU Memory SAPS (total)

NETWEAVER 7.0 XS 4.5 GB 700

But I had given it for 400 users only. if we get to 1000, then the result would be like this

Solution Release CPU Memory SAPS (total)

NETWEAVER 7.0 S 7.168 GB 1.800

So there would be no drastic changes.

So I would prefer only to go for Web Dispatcher. Not for application server.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

please refer to the result from quicksizer, see if there's sth I can provide:

Env Servers SAPS Memory (MB) DB disk (MB)

Prod ECC/ERP 7000 20,480 603,000

EP & PI 4000 17,408 90,000

BI 5400 36,846 378,000

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Effan,

Can you post the CI & DB configuration here, i thinking nobody can give you a correct answer if we do not know what is the capacity you already have.

Regards,

Siddhesh