cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define of planning horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We would like to limit our planning horizon in APO for a plant.

(Example: APO should create planned orders only for requirements of the next 6 month...)

How can we do that?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintain ppds horizon in the location product master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But on the Product Master Data we have to maintain the horizon for every product.

Is it also possible to configure the horizon in the heuristic?

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

alternatively , you can give it in model and version management which applies for for all locations under this model and version..TC : /sapapo/mvm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you for your help and your inputs.

Unfortunetly it doesn't works. I maintained the PP/DS Horizon in material master but it is not taken in consideration for the planning run.

Could there be an other parameter which affects this horizon?

Thank you,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you talking about planning in SNP rather than PP/DS here?

To limit the planning results of SNP then you create a Planning book and Data View with a horizon of just 6 months. Then you run your planning function within this data view (example Heuristic/Optimiser/Deployment etc) which will only create orders for the time horizon defined in your view.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

I'm speaking about PP/DS planning.

If I create a Customer-order for 2010 an starts the planning run (SAPAPO/CDPSB0), a planned order is created for a production in 2010. But the PP/DS Horizon for this materiel is on 30 days (in Material Master APO).

What's wrong?

We have also a Horizon on the Planningversion but it's only on 150 days and should not be taken for this planning (as I have a horizon on the material.

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you created a Time Profile to use in that transaction that is a relative +6 months as the end date. The system should only propose to start orders and reschedule orders that start within this time profile's limits.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears you are in MTO environment. In MTO, the pp/ds horizon has no impact. All requirements are planned.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

Yes we are in MTO.

Now we try to developpe a new heuristic which can limit the planning horizon.

Thank you,

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution: Developping a heuristic with limited horizon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Heuristics refers to Product Master for planning horizon. It's generally better to maintain this in Product rather than at globa level, because, if not now, you may face a situation in future where different materials have different planning time fences.

Use MASSD for mass maintenance of planning horizon in product master.