Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Authorization for Region when creating Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I had posted this thread in a wrong place, pls help me.

I am now trying to create a role in which, the users assigned to this Role can create Business Partner with the address of Region is chosen in a set of values that I indicate. I tried to find the Authorization object for Region but impossible. Can you guys help me to find the solution? I really appreciate!

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i remember correctly from a previous project, the functionality around the Business Partner is really flexible and thereby also quite complex.

I do also remember that we used the Business Data Toolset to help us develop the functionalities around the Business Partner. There are lots of BADIs that is included and we used some of them to insert own validation checks, this might also be the solution for you!

So my advice would be to dig down the BDT and see if it gives you guidance on how to proceed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2f/696d360856e808e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Maybe someone else have experience from the BDT and can assist?

Regards

Fredrik

0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

Can we solve this problem by creating an authorization object that 's relevant to Region, then assign it to a Role, is it OK? I tried this way many times but no success. Can you give me some idea?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard auth object for "region" for business partners. However the following 2 auth objects might be of use:

B_BUPA_FDG

B_BUPA_GRP

B_BUPA_GRP can be used to group all of your BPs so you can define different "regions" as auth groups. You will need to update each BP with your regional grouping.

B_BUPA_FDG will allow you to define any field in the BP as a field grouping and then you can define security for that field group. You will need to do config for this.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I solved it myself by using Authorization object B_BUPA_ATT with Authorization Type defined by me.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assumed closed.