cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid request in SOAP Scenario - "HTTP 400 Bad Request"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By sending request to a Webservice thorugh XI ,I am getting an error as "HTTP 400 Bad Request" in MONI and the response payload looks like this

"Request Error (invalid_request)

Your request could not be processed. Request could not be handled

This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a malformed request.

For assistance, contact your network support team."

I copy pasted the request payload in SOAP UI, there its working fine.I don't know where it goes wrong.

Please help me in that...

Thanks & Regards,

Yuga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That issue has been solved.

Thanks for your response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuga,

Please share the solution.

former_member726765
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Could you share the solution? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You have a question and need help by the community? Instead of posting into an old question thread, it is more helpful for you, if you create your own question. Here is how to get started:

1. Learn about asking and answering questions in SAP Community with this tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html
  2. Ask your detailed question here: https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html
  3. Wait for a response.

That's it. Thank you!

Best regards

Mariah

Your SAP Community moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error: HTTP 400- Bad Request- ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

Description: The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax. The client SHOULD NOT repeat the request without modifications.

Possible Tips: May be because of huge message flow. Related SAP Notes-824554, 906435, 783515, 910649, 706563 If it is because of Queue problems have a look into SMQ2 and then go thru this blog- How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically

Reagards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the soap request name and parameters.

Thanks,

RamuV

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check receiver communication channel parameters like soap action and url. The request sent by XI is not properly understood by webservice. U may also check the XI has the latest wsdl of webservice

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugapreetha,

The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.

The following blog might be useful to you.

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

In receiver communication channel parameters the soap action parameter is correct.

I am sending SOAP URL Dynamically and checked the same in MONI its coming there properly.

The same WSDL gives the proper response in SOAP UI.

I have one doubt in that error its telling as"Contact your network support team".what does it mean??

Thanks & Regards,

Yuga

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is very less probability of this error being related to some across firewall configs. However u may check it through ur network team. Another way to trace could be use of TCPGateway

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

If it is a firewall problem,it should not work with the SOAP UI, but in SOAP UI for the same proxy settings (request message and URL are also same) it is working.

Thanks & Regards,

Yuga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuga,

Please provide us with your CC details.

When it works via SOAPUI it doesn't mean it will also through XI, because probably the XI system connects through a different firewall.

You can ask the Network team what the proxy settings are and fill this in your CC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My sceanrio is like this I will send the Login Request to the WSDL it gives me the Response that response has ServerURL and Session ID.If I want to send any request to that WSDL, I have to use that serverURL (I mapped that using Dynamic Configuration to the target URL.I checked in MONI its coming properly) and along with the request mssage I have to send the session ID in the SOAP Header for that I have created one XSLT mapping.That Request also comes properly in Inbound payload.

I have copy paste that payload and tested the same in SOAP UI with that serverURL.There its giving the response without any modification.

Please help me n that........

Yuga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuga,

1. In message moni you can only see the dynamic configuration. This doesn't mean all is ok.

During initialization of the CC this value will or will not be filled in for the Target Url. But I don't think this is the case here.

2. SOAPUI runs on your local system pc/laptop. XI runs on a server. Normally your local system connects to the internet from a different proxy then the XI server (security).

For this you can ask the network team or SAP/XI administrators for the correct proxy settings host and port, this you have to put in the CC.

For security reasons they can also ask for certificates, this can be requested from the webservice provider.

PS: send me some screenshots, maybe I can find something.

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yugapreetha,

Error: HTTP 400- Bad Request- ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

Description: The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax. The client SHOULD NOT repeat the request without modifications.

Possible Tips: May be because of huge message flow. Related SAP Notes-824554, 906435, 783515, 910649, 706563 If it is because of Queue problems have a look into SMQ2 .

And also here are a list of possible reasons for your problem with solutions.

It could be that it cannot find your file adapter.

1. Have you specified your hostname or IP address? Often the server cannot resolve the ip address for the hostname of your PC.

2. Is the path and port in the directory the same as the path and port of your file adapter?

3. Try question 14 (integration engine section)

/people/mark.finnern/blog/2006/01/12/finally-best-of-sdn-2005

4. also question 11 (in the same section)

5. if the avove will not fix it open XI config guide and

have a look at section

"Connecting Business Systems with an Integration Engine to the Central Integration Server"

6. Your error code is 400, so check this link,

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

For http 400 - its a bad request.

'The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.'

If you have the XI trouble shooting guide see from page 54,and also try:

1.Check that the port really is the ICM HTTP Port (transaction

SMICM) and not the J2EE port

2.If the port is wrong, change the pipeline URL in the SLD in

the business system of the Integration Server

3.Restart the J2EE Engine to reset the SLD buffer of the

Adapter Engine

Source- "XI troubleshooting guide"

Check out this SAP Note- 824554

Also this links

Cache Refresh~

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003163902004E/HowTo_handle_XI_30_Caches.pdf

Reprocessing failed XI messages:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Vinod.