cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We'd like to storing user document systematically, such as PDF, DOC, XLS, etc, in SAP and can be searched/retrieved easily. With BAPI/Enterprise Service/RFC support is the best solution since we may need to provide web interface for user.

I have come across the following system in SAP as I searched for related information:

- ArchiveLink

- KPro

- Records Management System

- Document Management (TCode: CV01N)

What're the differences between these systems? It seems hard to decide which one is suitable. Any experienced user handling document management in SAP?

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

No idea about Records Management System. But DMS will be more helpful to fulfill your business requirement. Following information may be helpful to you.

Document Management System

It is one of the Cross Application Component of SAP PLM. please check following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Knowledge Provider

The storage system as a secure area in Content Server. The secure area is where data is transported using the Knowledge Provider Interface to choose Content Repository.

Archive Link

Archive Link is a service integrated within SAP Web Application Server for linking archived documents and the application documents entered within SAP system.

The Archive Link helps linking the documents to content repositories in a persistent fashion. This is helpful in a typical business scenario where one can directly display the documents from the SAP screen associated with it.

If useful Award Points,

Thxu2026

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Document Management System (DMS) is the best solution to goahead.

It provides lot of functionalities.

From DMS you can store files/documents into Knowledge provider(KPro) or content server which is an external storage media and you can move documents to archive also.

I have no idea of Record Management System.

Regards

MRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Document Management (TCode: CV01N) will be the best option because it has got all functionalities what you require into it.

For web access you can use web DMS which will be extension of DMS. It also allows you to link SAP objects

Regards

Sandeep