cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have idoc to file scenario. The idocs will be created in a batch processs and all the collected one will be send using a report program RSEOUT00 to XI. I require creating a ~ seperated file using this. The file has a header(SOF) and a trailer(EOF) and they are constant strings as specified. How would you approach this problem?

I am on XI 7.0.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>The idocs will be created in a batch processs and all the collected one will be send

By this i m assuming you are dumping IDOC's on some local File server(via ABAP report) and from that file server you will pick.

If the above is correct then you need to configure a sender file adapter(to pick the file from File server) and a receiver file adapter with file content conversion(to deliver file).

its a simple to file to file scenario with file content conversion on receiver side.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. It is send to XI using that program.

Regards

Unni

Former Member
0 Kudos

in that case,you need to use BPM

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly i need to do for the trailer.. Assuming it is a fixed string like "EOF"

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i hope it's better to assign constant as 'EOF'

to the corresponding field in trailer in message mapping.

regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an example

SOF

abc12345uk~CA

def67890kl~US

EOF

I require this format..How to assign constant for just one occurance at the end of file. I dont need trailer for each record.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll sugeest to go for xslt mapping and change the output type to text in xslt. You can avoid FCC also by doing this way and you can achieve whatever you want to. I have used it many times.

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:output method="text"/>

Thanks

Amit

Reward poinnts if answer is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can format the fiel with use of File Content Conversion Parameters and evencan add the Field Separator as ~.

Refer

Please see the below links for file content conversion..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter - FCC

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter - FCC

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swaroop,

How can I give a header record just once? Though the idocs are triggered at one shot they come as seperate documents, this would create header multiple times as my option is to append to the same file

regards

Unni