cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing BSP through internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus;

we wanted a BSP which should be accessible through internet. So we have installed the webdispatcher in DMZ.

http://wdisp_host:port/sap/bc/bsp/ztest takes to the required page. Now we have got a domain www.company.com and this is defined in our DNS to go to the host where webdispatcher is installed.

i.e. in DNS we have: www.company.com wdisp_host

Now how can I redirect this to webdispatcher to access the BSP.

Can we use some thing like a reverse proxy (IIS) for redirecting to the webdispatcher.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you need a reverse proxy like Apache or IIS able to rewrite URL.s

The SAP web dispatcher is only able to redirect URLs.

For the same requirement, I had to chain an Apache reverse proxy (with URL rewriting rules) and a SAP web dispatcher for HTTP load balancing.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivier. I was on the same opinion, but I was thinking to go another way. We can make webdispatcher to listen on port 80 and can do the required redirection in webdispatcher.

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTP, PORT=80, TIMEOUT=45, EXTBIND=1, HOST=www.company.com

icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/, TO=/sap/bc/bsp/ztest

In this way we can eliminate reversy proxy (IIS or Apache). Let me know if this setup works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I told you, the redirections don't work for internet access with a web dispatcher in a DMZ.

Why ? because a redirect is just sending a redirection command with the new URL to the user's browser.

In your example, I guess www.company.com is the host name visible on the internet which corresponds to the web dispatcher.

after the redirect, the web browser will display

http://www.company.com/sap/bc/bsp/ztest

which is not, I think, what you want.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not doing the redirect of the host here. Here is the scenario I think should work:

www.company.com>DNS (www.company.com = wdisp_host)-> wdisp_host ( configured webdisp to listen on port 80 and also redirect / to /sap/bc/bsp/ztest)--

>backend system

In this way we can be able to eliminate the Apache or IIS since webdispatcher is listening on port 80.

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

I searched in the forums and found a thread that may help you:

[WebDispatcher: URL rewrite|/thread/796993 [original link is broken];

Regards, Boris