cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KOFI and KOFK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please describe how the system chooses KOFI or KOFK when both are maintained in VKOA. In other words, I have the entry set up for both conditions, however sometimes it chooses KOFI and sometimes KOFK depending on the billing type, but I don't see the setting on the billing type that controls this.

Account determination proc for all is KOFI00 but within this it somehow determines whether to use kofi or kofk - how??

Regards and will reward points for solution,

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

The difference between KOFI and KOFK is

KOFI -- Account determination without CO

KOFK -- Account determination with CO

You can control through Routine, which you can placed in Requirement Colomun of the account determination procedure.

Routine 2 - With CO acct.assignt

Routine 3 - With out CO acct.assignt

If you have both when ever the costing related transfer system will take KOFK,if there is no costing related tranfer system will take KOFI

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you maintain the CO objects in the sales order, system will choose KOFK to do the further processing.

EX. internal order no from CO.

Wink

Former Member
0 Kudos

in two business scenario,I test with the requirement types with ke and ksl.

in an sales order,one item with ke ,the other with ksl,and the two items are all allocated with an internal order.

create DN,and posting,billing, then ,the posting document is linked to the internal order,and the condition type with the kofk.

why,the difference is make to order and make to stock !From the example,why the sales order 's item order can determine the conditon type kofi or kofk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main difference is the separation between Finance part (KOFI) andControlling (KOFK) part.

When posting is necessary within FI or CO,system will take settings as defined in the system with regard to the entries for KOFI/KOFK.

When KOFK is involved it posts both in FI and CO , wherein CO Objects are involved in CO postings. When KOFI is involved, the posting only happens to FI not CO.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

At sales order level

1.If costing is required then it requires KOFK condition type is used for account determination

2.If costing is nonrequired then it requires KOFI condition type is used for account determination

Eg: KMAT material @ sales order level requires costing for which account determination is done with KOFK

hope this helps u

regards,

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explain how the system knows whether costing is required or not? Where is the config for this?

Regards,

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

KOFI is used for the Make to Stock Scenario

KOFK is used for the Make to Order Scenario.

The Controlling is activated from the Requirement Class. THis Requirement Class is linked to the Requirement type which you will find in the Procurement tab in the Sales Order.

The Requirement Type is linked with the Strategy which you maintain in the Material Master (MRP 3)

Basically it is triggered because in the MTO scenario we are directly linked with the PP module. And PP module is linked with Controlling (Cost centers, etc)

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to do that.first I check the configuration of the requirement class.and create two sales orders with the different requirements of ke adn ksl,but when billing ,the account determation type automatically chooses kofi.I want to know the correct configuration of requirement class,and please show the field which controls the function.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

KOFI - System posts accounts to FI & not CO

KOFK - System posts accounts to both FI & CO

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.