cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trace a background job which have send a mail in SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are SRM 5.0 and SMTP is configured, one of user got on email from batch user[Background user] we want to know which background job have send the mail.

I have checked in SOST i am not able to found any mail record for that user...

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Edited by: subhash gadde on Jun 18, 2008 9:54 PM

Edited by: subhash gadde on Jun 18, 2008 9:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

The mail trace should be available in SOST. Pls confirm that you are using correct date as filter criteria in SOST. Check the mail date and search for the same. You can also search by "Sender" in SOST.

If you dont get the details, pls update the sdn thread with mail text.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have trace the mail in SOST and check the background program which is triggering the mail and the job contains the standrad program ...RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP to send the mail..

This mail is going on every friday at 1:44 AM and the back ground job is executing have the frequency of every 10 minutes... is there any way to check how the RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP from where it's being activated... i searched in where used list also.. this stadard program is not used by anyother...

Please suggest me..

Thanks,

Subhash.G

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP it just sends out the workitem. What exactly is your message? May be we can help on that.Secondly , check if Alerts are configured.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply,

The message is like " Check Employee and link is creating in the body of the e-mail pointing to ESS in portal.

I have checked the alert configuration from rz20 from EBP monitor and from Workflow monitor , i am not able to get info from that.. plz guide me how can i check the alert configuration...

Is there any way to trace what are the functional modules that having automatic alert configuration...

Thnaks,

Subhash.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just goto trascn SM37 and delete this job from the Queue.

You must be able to see several entries for this job ..Some with the status "FINISHED" while some with "RELEASED".Delete all the entries which have the status "RELEASED".Then the work items will not be sent.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the reply,

That job is sheduled for every 10 minutes to send mails ... if we delete the job... then all the emails will fail..

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks