cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Model from DOE Data Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a Mobile Laptop WebDynpro DC in NWDS 7.1, the build and deploy work fine.

The problem is that when I attempt to create a Model based on a Data Object from the

Mobile Middleware 7.1 DOE, I always get an exception when the Data Object metadata is

imported (the last step of the Model Creation Wizard).

Here's the exception :

Status ERROR
Plugin : com.sap.ide.cmi.core
code=0
Internal error
   Plugin name: Common Model Tools Core
   Internal error  : com.sap.ide.cmi.core
   Class      : com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.metaimp.ModelImportWizard
   Method     : run(IProgressMonitor)
   Message    : Failed to create model 
   Exception  : com.sap.ide.metamodel.general.exception.ObjectRequiredException: ModelClassPropertySetting "//WebDynpro/ModelClass:ca.test.sandbox.mitest1.test3.ZTESTDATAOBJ/Property:ACTUAL/Setting:backendKey", Role "SettingDefinition": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required

ObjectRequiredException: ModelClassPropertySetting "//WebDynpro/ModelClass:ca.test.sandbox.mitest1.test3.ZTESTDATAOBJ/Property:ACTUAL/Setting:backendKey", Role "SettingDefinition": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required
at com.sap.ide.metamodel.webdynpro.implementation.ModelClassPropertySettingProxy._validate(ModelClassPropertySettingProxy.java:358)
at com.sap.ide.metamodel.core.DevelopmentObjectProxy.validate(DevelopmentObjectProxy.java:825)
at com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.metaimp.MBOModelImporter.doImport(MBOModelImporter.java:170)
at com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.metaimp.ModelImportWizard.createModel(ModelImportWizard.java:200)
at com.sap.ide.cmi.core.model.importer.CMIWizard$2.run(CMIWizard.java:197)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)

I know this is not related to Middleware authorization, I tested with a userid with full DOE authorization.

When I display the Data Object metadata from the Middleware, it shows as status 'active'.

The exception seems to complain about the backend key, but there is a backend key field in

the Data Object.

I have the same exception even with any SAP delivered Data Objects (MAM30_001, etc..).

any thoughts on what the problem is ?

thanks,

Yanick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yannick,

This type of error can occur with local non-dc Mobile App when some jars required for the model generation are missing.

The easiest way to fix this is to create a DC for your Mobile app from the

Mobile App Offline perspective.

Let me know if it works

Genevieve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that i have the same problem -->

Can anybody help, i don´t understand the steps for solved...

Thanks in advace,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a new workspace in NWDS and then I created a new Mobile Laptop DC as you recommended.

Now the Model Data Object creation Wizard succeeds !! I get the metadata and the type definitions.

thanks!

Yanick.