cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPROUTER in NLB and Firewall problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have implemented SAPROUTER and ITS in within a Windows NLB and apparently everything is working fine. The NLB is configured as Multicast and affinity as single. Now we are implementing a new J2EE system (Internet Sales) but this has more security restrictions within FIREWALL (Cisco ASA), and strange things happen when connecting J2EE to backend systems. When I use the NLB IP Address sometimes the connection works and other not. After some analysis I noticed that when it runs on node2 it works fine. On node1 never works. I've used NIPING to test it.

Our network administrator (senior) say that on FIREWALL we have the virtual NLB configured, but in fact sometimes it doesn't work on one specific node, node1. Of course as a workaround I requested him to add the physical IP Address to FIREWALL, and now everything is working. BUT I cannot stand this problem any longer and of course this problem is driving crazy.

Have anyone of you implemented a similar architecture and had the same problem?

Do you have any hints?

SAProuter is running on a Windows 2003 NLB and the firewall is a CISCO ASA.

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Network admninistrator didn't told us that you should have the servers connected to a network switch layer 2.