cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a service available in SICF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm looking to set up a demo showing some of our existing ITS functions in integrated ITS. For example I want to make IAC iViews of PZ07 & PZ14. I didn't see them available in sicf so I went to se80 and found/published both. I then expected to see them available in SICF for activation. They are still not there. I'm obviously missing a key step. When I try a Start Service in SE80 I get "http://hostname:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/pz07/ call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available."

I have activated the SYSTEM , WEBGUI & SHUFFLER services and can get available services to test properly. I just need to be able to publish/activate the ones I need.

Thanks,

Doug

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this nice blog:

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/21/running-your-first-its-webgui-application-in-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition--nsp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak,

I have created a service using those instructions and have it working as an IAC iView in the portal using the configurations below. It works but is missing styles, and generally looks rough compared to testing the service in SICF. I don't know why. I'm still confused as to why I can't run the out of box PZ07. It's in SE80. I have published it, but when I go to test it in se80 or run it in a portal IAC iView it fails with the following

"URL http://shrcin02.america.apci.com:8304/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/PZ07 call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available."

I also don't see it in sicf. Shouldn't this be available as a service in sicf once I publish it in SE80? Some PA** services are available though not activated. I know we've not used them. What dictates which services are available and which ones are not. Anyone have any idea what I am missing?

Thanks

Doug

-

This does work however though missing the webgui styles.

New Service

ZPZ07

~transaction=pz07

~GENERATEDYNPRO=1

Handler=CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS

System

ITS Description: Integrated ITS

ITS Host Name:hostname.america.apci.com:8304

ITS Path: /sap/bc/gui/sap/its

ITS Protocol:http

IAC iView

System=SAP_R3_HumanResources

Internet Application Component (IAC)=ZPZ07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It would not be created automatically in SICF. You have to create a new service.

Please see the same blog at this point: Its tried and tested procedure

We now need to create this service in transaction SICF as well. Go to SICF and right click on ITS (default_host->sap->bc->gui->sap->its) and click New Sub-Element to create a new service. Enter YSU01 as service name and choose Independent Service radio button.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

If you're creating your own Z* service in SICF then you will need to use the ~sources parameter also in order to use the pz07 templates.

Publishing from SE80 does not create the corresponding SICF entry. I think publishing using the report might though, note 790727.

Edgar

Edited by: Edgar Chuang on Jun 18, 2008 3:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak, Edgar,

OK, thanks for the answers. I will look into it furter. I have found out that the portal applies it's own design. At the end of the portal iac url is "~design=ap_aponline" which is our custom portal style. I can find no property of the iac iview that says something like "use portal style=no". We may have to supply the desired theme on the portal side and find a way to use it. Has anyone ever figured out a way to adjust style for portal IAC's?

Thanks again.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

There is an ITS Theme Generator in the Portal when you logon as the administrator. This is where you can adjust the theme that the Portal uses with ITS.

Edgar

Answers (0)