cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenation of taxonomy Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I am trying to create a field in the main table that will be created as a concatenation of all the values of the attributes of the taxonomy.

Is that a possibility?

If so - is there any reference documentation that could help me with that?

Please let me know

Thank you

Nadine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

what I am trying to do is create a field that will include a short descritption of the material using the taxonomy attributes.

the description would need to include a concatenation of the parent node, the child node and the list of attribute values that have been assigned to the material.

I believe this is a calculated field but I am trying to see what kind of calculation would be required.

Please let me know

Thanks

Nadine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadine

use assignment expression for concatenating the attributes on the field you have created.

CONCAT(Attr1, Attr2). but you will get delimited text with ; as delimiter.

regards-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi _ Thanks for your reply

Is it possible to use an undescore as the delimiter?

Also - how will the attribute be concatenated? How many characters of each field will be taken into account?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to use an undescore as the delimiter?

Not i guess. Concatenate is standard function offered by MDM with ; as delimiter. You can try with custom Java APIs for achieving this.

Also - how will the attribute be concatenated? How many characters of each field will be taken into account?

full text will be concatenated. Just check the Max length of the field you have created.

Award points if useful

BR-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Thanks for your reply.

Is there documentation on concatenation?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want "_" as the delimiter you can use this expression

(attribute1 & '_' & attribute2)

you can append as many attributes you want just by appending "&".

It will just take the value from the field and not the field length i.e. if you are concatenating 2 attributes of type text of say length 50 each then after concatenation you can put the attribute values into field length of 50.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nandine,

You can refer the MDM Data Manager Reference guide, Under the section of MDM Expressions, you will find all fuctions and operators definations how these works while writing the expressions.

I hope this will help you in better unstanding of MDM Expressions .

TNR,

Saurabh...