cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InputFields disabled no matter what I do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im currently modifying an existing Web Dynpro application. I was adding a new View and a couple of InputFields into it. Turns out that no matter what I do, the controls are always disabled (user cannot write into it). I checked the properties, with particular attention to ReadOnly and Enabled. ReadOnly was false and Enabled was true. I checked the Enabled property of all container controls in the hierarchy.

So I decided to create a new, empty view (only with a RootUIElement... and an InputField). Same thing happens.

I've even tried to set the elements' properties inside wdDoModifyView with the same result.

I later tried to add different controls: CheckBox, TextEdit and a Button. The button is enabled, but the checkbox and textedit are not.

Considering the Views are new, and no code has been added to them, I believe it's not a matter of code, but something else. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There must exist a context attribute for storing the value of the input field, otherwise it is disabled at runtime. Ensure that the context attribute to which the "value" property is bound lives inside some node element.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

While the component was bound, the node wasn't bound to an object of the type of the RFC.

Best Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Excuse me, but i'm new to WebDynpro stuffs, and i have the same problem that is described ahead. My question is, how to bound my context attribute to a node (Which method in java code...)?

Best Regards

Jean

Answers (0)