cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC --> File:(R/3-->XI) : Idocs not reaching XI. Where to check for error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have completed the config for IDOC to XI (R/3-->XI) scenario based on various weblogs available on Sdn.

For testing, I am using we19 to trigger the outbound idoc from R/3. But when I look in IDX5 in XI or message monitor, I do not see any message or IDOC there. Even SXMB_MONI in XI does not have any message.

What could be the potential issue for this behaviour. Is there a way where I could debug or any steps that could tell me where to look for the error.

So far only odd behaviour I have observed is:

When in WE19 I trigger the IDOC for outbound processing, XI login screen pops up, where I need to enter password. Once I click enter the screen disappears and the message, IDOC sucessfully sent to external system/Port appears.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

then it should be a problem with ur ALE settings.....check that first...

as of my knowledge is concerned...when ever u test with we19.....no password are asked or XI screen will appear...

it would just ask for the port,sender,receiver,etc....

check ur settings once again....

Edited by: PSRK on Jun 18, 2008 1:02 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

The issue was with SM59. Standard workflow WORKFLOW_LOCAL was not able to proceeed and hence the error.

Regards

Shirin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirin,

First look at the status of the outbound idoc. If it is "03", the idoc might have been sent successfully. And if you didn't find any messages at XI (SXMB_MONI), then probably the idoc stuck at TRFC queue.

Go to SM58, and check the Queue once. If any messages blocked there, you need to push it from queue. Then you will get the message at XI.

Regards

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked SM58 and teher indeed are errors saying

"Name or Password is incorrect (repeat logon) "

So which connection is having incorrect password in SM59?

I checked and I have a working RFC connection (TYpe 3) in SM59 for XI.

Just to add TCP/IP connection(Type T) has 2 connections not working. They are LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI.

So what should be my next step in correcting this error as I am not sure which RFC connection user-id is responsible for SM58 errors.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Shirin

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirin,

YOu might have to check the RFC Destination for your XI system, which you have created in your Backend system in transaction SM59.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the RFC destination in SM59. Seems OK. Any other place where I need to look or might have missed.

Regards

Shirin

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be problem in RFC destination created in XI pointing to SAP R/3

Connection Type 3.. ABAP connection

check the same and try changing username mentioned over there....

I am not sure but it is a work around.....

Edited by: Mugdha Kulkarni on Jun 19, 2008 1:09 PM

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Check IDOC status in WE02 , then check RFC connection in SM59 , it should have the user with RFC

authorizations, CHECK sm 58 R/3 also.

regards,

Satya.