cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal Scrolling in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a ALV control. Where I have 20 fields to dispaly. Which makes it very wide.

I would like to restrict the horizontal size of ALV and would like it to scroll horizontally.

eg: width should be 300PX and than it should scroll in the view. But other element on the view displaying ALV should not be scrolled.

Plz provide ur valuable inputs.

Regards,

Vishal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Use the method SET_SCROLLABLE_COL_COUNT of interface IF_SALV_WD_TABLE_SETTINGS.

It will fix the no of cols to be displayed . and activate the horizontal scrolling.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks.

This has set the number of columns. But it did not show scroll bars.

Any specific setting in Layout ? or anyother method ?

Regards,

Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its setting the columns inside the ALV. I can scroll with in the ALV conrol. but in my case I nedd External scroll bar. That would be easy for the user to scroll.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

It will activate the horiziontal scrolling only if you set teh no of cols in this function is less then the total no of visible cols.

like in this case

lr_table_settings->SET_SCROLLABLE_COL_COUNT( 2 ). and my total no of cols are 5. then only it will show horizontaol pagintor in the footer

it will show horizontal paginator in the footer. Just check u should not hide the footer of the ALV.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding external scroll in ALV , i am not sure whether we can create in webdynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

it shows scroll optin in the ALV control itself. where we can set row number , go to first or last row , and so many other things.

But in my case i need external scroll bar. Where whole ALV should be scrollable not only the columns with in ALV. Probably at "Transparent Container" Level .

Regards,

Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know we can do it. But do not how.

Vertical scroll come automatically.....

thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the property scrolling mode of transparent container containing your ALV. Set the property as both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that. If we set it to both , it does not show anything....

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried this by setting scrolling mode as both. its working for me. is it not showing any scrollbars.