cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling client side conflict handling after download of application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we got a custom MI-Application in which we do conflict handling in the mobile application.

Now that we have over a hundred productive clients, we discovered that for many (not all) of the clients, the application level conflict handling is not enabled.

This seems to be due to the fact that the download (and install) of the application has been done while the setting for conflict handling was set to "Framework" instead of "Application".

The merepMeta.xml file however does contain the setting.

Is it possible and if yes how, to enable the application level conflict handling after installation?

best regards

Niels Oberbäumer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

no, I we do not talk about skipping the conflict handling.

I am talking about letting the client handle the conflicts, which is a setting in MCD and corresponds to the attribute <C_APPLRESOLVE>X</C_APPLRESOLVE> in file merepMeta.xml.

regards

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just edited my last message......

As I see this value is tored in the MCD XML file that comes down with the App. Caused by that it is not possile to read that value with the client reset - that makes totally sence so far. From the logical side the only solution I see is to delete the app from this device and assign it again - so it does a new deployment. If you have the device in hand - most likely this is not the case but operhaos you have it - then you can stop MI, delete the APP folder from WEBAPPS and place the latest WAR file in the same folder. After restart this fil will be deployed and is available in its latest version then on the device. This will only work if the foldername and structure of the app is the same as before.

Hop that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe I did'nt make the situation completely clear.

We have 100+ devices from which some have been installed from an initial version and from then on have been patched with add-ons up to 20 times.

Some other clients have been installed from versions that correspond to patchlevels of the before mentioned add-ons and have then received further delta patches.

So not all clients had the same installation base, but all are running the same code.

The entry in the file merepMeta.xml doesn't seem to be sufficient to activate application level conflict handling, as all clients share the same version of merepMeta.xml (and all of them had this file version at installation time), but only those clients for which the flag for application level conflict handling had been set before installation explicitely in the MCD for that version, do have the feature enabled.

Doing a client reset ( as expected ) does not solve the problem.

regards

Niels Oberbäumer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niels,

so I am confused. Lets first clarify if we talk about the same feature. The config handling I have in mind will be configured in MEREP_PD - Synchronizer Tab. There you have the settings available in the last column for each syncBO. One of the settings is called: SKIP_CONFLICT. By default it is not set, so the conflict handling takes place in the server and if the data was changed on Backend and client after the last sync, it throws an error.

To change this behaviour, you set the X into the colum in the SKIP_CONFLICT line and after that the middleware will handle the conflict and send the data through even it was changed on both sides.

Is this the thing we talk about? So what do you mean with MCD then? This handling has no setting in MCD and it should be independend from MEREPSBUILDEr.

Oh - I see now where it is stored... This value is does not get a reset with Client data reset - it comes from the MCD - no, sorry, in that case you need to uninstall and reinstall the App to get the value active on these devices. Sorry, but this is based on where the value is stored, there is not another way to reset that value unfortunately that I am aware of.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is set in the MEREPMETA.XML file it should be there already and if other devices are working ... that seems strange.

Anyway, if you are sure the devices are all the same, you could use the client reset tab on the settings page to get the dataset again. Mostlikely this could cure the issue. If not, then you need to uninstall and re-install the app on the relevant devices.

Regards,

Oliver