cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In smartform how to fill the data in the corresponding blocks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i have a requirement in smartforms i am designing a Tax form in this i need to fill vendor address but this address should like each letter into the each block(or cell). i mean for example JOHN is the name then J should go into one box(block or cell) and O etc...... how to do this....

i dont know how to insert a picture here..otherwise it can be very clear for u..

thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188005
Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You can acheive the reqruiement by creating and using templates in SmartForms....and assigning the values in Cells of the template.

For example: U have create the tempalte with one row and 5 cells then place the varibale in repective cells using the attributes of the template .

Such as JOHN--> J wil be in row 1 and cell 1, O in row 1 and cell 2 and so on.......

Regards..

Edited by: Shakeel Irfan on Jun 18, 2008 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not possible unless u know the lenght of the name ,

and other address fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But the blocks will be limited in a page. you will be defining the template with those many boxes. Define those many vaiarables for the boxes.

Using string operatrions find the length of the vendor name

Using Do statement . populate the vairables accordingly.

Then in the template you will be defining text for each box. For the text node there will be condition tab where you set condition when vairable is not initial display.

So, it will display in only those boxes and remaining boxes will be empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we achieve this requirement by creating only one text element for all boxes?