cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Creme to use for PDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am developing an applet which uses a jar file and requires JDK & JRE 1.5 for its working. I want to load that applet into my PDA as well. Can you please tell me which Creme to use for PDA as i checked on nsicom.com and they have Creme versions which support only JDK 1.3.1 and below (CrE-ME 4.12 is based on JDK 1.3.1).

Thanks in advance,

regards,

rajesh shinde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

if you compile it in JDK 1.4. and solve the errors by rewriting the code it will work in both. I know this can mean a lot of rewriting of the code, but that will be the only option you have, cause Creme is one of the only available JDKs that are that advanced and support JDK1.4 - most others support J2ME or JDK1.1.8 only.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

i think that i need to rework over it on lower JDK versions to get it working on PDA.

thanks for ur reply.

regards,

rajesh

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

officially you have to use Creme 4.12 if you are using Netweaver Mobile 7.11 on the PDA. This is part of the documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/c2e027d3126bede10000000a11466f/content.htm

You are right that this version does not support JDK 1.5. But J2ME (CDC) in general does not support JDK 1.5 So, if you want to use JDK 1.5 features on the PDA, it will be hard to do so. Installing a full fledged JDKor JRE on the PDA will not work I guess

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi stefan..

thanks for ur reply, is there any work-around for this issue ? if yes please let me know.

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to my knowledge there is no workaround for such a usecase. Sorry, for this negavtive answer

Regards,

Stefan