cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can the field values passed b/w views?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I hav two views namely A and B. There is a text box in view A which contains some value. Now I need to pass that value from view A to view B. Also I m using the common context in both view from component controller.

How can i do it? Give me solution...

Regards

Raaam's...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are using the context in the component controller, you need to map the context node to both views by drag and drop. Now when you enter the value in view1, all you need to do is read the node in view2. The value will be available. You should bind the textfield to the attribute in view1.

Regards,

Nithya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raaam's,

As u have binded the values to textboxes from common context i.e., component controller u need not again pass the value of text field A to second view .As it is commonly binded context it automatically handles passing the data.

enter some value in text field A of view 1 and write navigation to view2 then it will work.no need to explicitly pass values.Dont forget to bind the same context attribute o text field A to textfield in second view

Reward points if useful,

regards,

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raaam's

You are binding the same context to both views then create a outbound flug to view A and inbound flug to view B.In the button action of the first view write the code and fire the flug from first view to second view.

And when you are embed a view to window create a navigation link between the two views.

Try like this it may helpful to you.........

Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raaam's,

Its simple to pass data between views , when we traverse from one view to another view we fire the outbound plug from the first view, now under the outbound plug tab of view 1 you will find a table control at the bottom of the tab where u can enter the parameters that u want to pass to the target view.

while firing the outbound plug the code should be as below.

wd_this->fire_form_disp_plg(

field1 = w_field1 " xstring

).

here the outbound plug form_disp and field1 is defined under the tab outbound plug as importing parameter from form_dip.

Now define the inbound plug in the target view, double click on the inbound plug, this will result into an event handler method fo that inbound plug, define the parameter field1 as importing parameter in the interface of the method .

This results in the data transfer of field field1 from view1 to view2.

Plz reward if helpul.

Regards,

Santosh