cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Column Stripper with Fixed Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to create a PDF document. The document contains a PDF table which is filled with the XML-output of a fixed query.

When I use the column stripper to reduce te number of columns in the XML file created by a normal query it works fine.

But when I use the column stripper with a XML file created by a Fixed Query, I can't select the columns.

Do you know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

kind regards,

Johan Knopper

myBrand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try assigning some parameter values in the Query editor so that the query returns some data. Then regenerate the xml in your action block. Remeber to go back and delete the parameter values when you are done developoment!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks for your answer. I filled the parameters in the query and created the sample XML again. Now it works fine.

Do you know if it is also possible to do so with the XML output of a transaction?

For example: I create a simple transaction with the same query as mentioned above and totalize some colums.

Creating the sample XML data of a transaction is not possible. So how can I now use the column stripper?

Kind regards,

Johan Knopper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, sorta. You can hardcode your expected xml document value into your transactions output xml paramter. This way the xml structure will be available for development in your transaction action block.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Christian.

Actually, if you remember to use the "Assign Reference Document" menu option to assign the appropriate "shape" to the output XML parameter from a transaction, you will automatically be able to use the structure of it in other transactions, as a web service, and so on.

Rick

Answers (0)