cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements Mobile WebDynpro Online Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to know the requirements for a mobile webdynpro ONLINE scenario.

In help.sap.com it says you can use any WebDynpro Java application (with some restrictions) on mobile devices if you have the following components:

-device recognition (ClientInfo)

-mobile renderers (for instance for Blackberry)

My questions:

1. Is the device recognition component available by default on a WAS7.0 or do I need an additional package (if so, which package)?

2. Same question for the mobile renderers.

3. Do I need Mobile Infrastructure for this scenario?

4. Can WebDynpro for ABAP be rendered for mobile devices? or just WD4J?

Johan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

below you can find the answers to your questions:

1. It's available by default in every package

2. It's available by default in every package

3. You do not need a MI. Just a Java AS.

4. The renderes are only available for Web Dynpro Java. Web Dynpro ABAP does currently not support mobile devices.

In addition you can find a couple of BlackBerry demos:

[New live demos for BlackBerry devices available!|/people/community.user/blog/2008/06/11/new-live-demos-for-blackberry-devices-available]

The Product Avaialbility Matrix is also available.

[SAP NetWeaver Mobile Product Availability Matrix u2013 Always Connected 7.0|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0eb6547-f7e6-2a10-c18f-882f72f7e363]

Best Regards,

Stefan

Edited by: Stefan Wawrzinek on Jun 18, 2008 2:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan & Chintan,

Thanks for answering these questions!

BTW, for those interested in this thread I'd like to point out a nice article by Stefan I found after he answered my questions, which would have provided the answers...

[technical facts mobile always connected|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/mobile/mobile-web-dynpro/technical%20facts:%20Mobile%20-%20Always%20Connected.pdf]

Johan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Johan,

The renderer classes are already available in NW 7.0. You don't need to install a patch. Lets say if you have an WD application, it will almost look and work in same way on Blackberry, Windows Mobile PDAs.

I never got what Clientinfo is and how do we use it. Maybe someone here has answers.

You don't need Mobile Infrastructure to develop Mobile WD applications. You need NetWeaver Developer Studio and NetWeaver Application server with J2EE Engine where you can deploy the applications.

Chintan