cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI PCK SP9 -> SP12

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've performed the upgrade of SAP J2EE Web AS and the XI PCK to SP12 from SP9 without any errors during the process. However, upon launching the PCK Configuration UI I am unable to save any objects (Party, Service, etc.) due to a Java version conflict.

I've performed a clean install (using SR1 SP9) and upgrade twice to SP12 and get the same problem. I'm using Java 1.4.2_07 for both components and the JAVA_HOME variable is set to this version. I do have other versions of the JDK installed (1.4.2_08 and 1.5_02/05). I assume this is something simple, but what??

Stack trace excerpt:

#7 15:17:06 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG AutoLog.created.com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.FrameworkException: Internal problem occurred

#6 15:17:06 [AWT-EventQueue-0] FINE AutoLog.created.java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

at $Proxy3.modifyOrStoreCPAObject(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException: com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.container.CPAObject; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 3881308698256860413, local class serialVersionUID = -8852024294809160423

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:463)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1521)

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope it helps

1. when you updated to sp12, did you delete all the contents in the client side. after that you have access to pck of sp12.

2. apply the role in visual admin following the below steps

· Logon to the visual admin using j2ee administrator account

· Click Cluster tab

· Click the Security Provider

· Click the component sap.com/com.sap.xi.pck*pck

· Assign user or group roles to particular user or group in the Security Roles Tab.

o The role of administer from the component sap.com/com.sap.xi.pck*aii_ib_sbeans.jar

o The role of xi_af_receive and the role of xi_af_monitor from the component sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.ms.app*MessagingSystem

o The role of display, modify, payload from the component sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt*mdt

o The role of xi_af_adapter_monitor from the component sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.app*AdapterFramewor

o The role of support from the component sap.com/com.sap.xi.pck*pck

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I started with a clean install and therefore no pre-existing objects. So any object I created in the PCK could not be saved without the error I provided. One thing I didn't try however, was updating the permissions (which I had to do in SP9 based on the note you described) in order to log in to the other application components.

So did you also start from SP9?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i also started from SP9, when i updated to sp14, i cannot access to the pck again. i got the feedback from forum, apply the roles denoted earlier to it. now it works

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! You provided the key clue in the other email about the XI components. These never got updated; hence, the exceptions due to the older XI dependent libraries. This wasn't in the PCK Install Guide.

Paul

Answers (0)