cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Orders: Results Analysis method 06 POC method on basis of revenue

rafael_bermudez
Explorer
0 Kudos

We offer extended warranty and product maintenance contracts to our customers. The periods of those contracts, as well as the payment options (up front, in installments, or at the end of warranty phase) vary widely.For these contracts, we need recognize revenue in equal amounts over the lifetime of the warranty agreement (hence straight-line accrual projects).

I am trying to use results analysis method 06 POC method on basis of revenue planned by period for these projects. This results analysis method recognizes revenue based on the planned revenue in each period.

We are implementing SAP CRM and it creates an Internal Order for each service contract.

I have created the Result Analysis Key; we entered the planned revenue in the internal order via CRM, but when I Execute the Result Analysis with transaction KKA1, it displays the calculated revenue correct, but it is not posting any entry in FI neither in I/O. We are only interested in the Revenue Value, not for any Cost of Sales.

Does any one have implemented this solution? Can anybody provide me with any guide to make this scenario to work?

Thank you very much!

Rafael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have implemented RA for the similar type of situation.

After RA, the revenue has got posted to FI when you are running the Settlement.

Please also check in Configuration settings for creation of version, that Transfer to Financial Accounting has been checked or not.

Please let me know, in case of further assistance / clarifications.

Regads

Ramesh

rafael_bermudez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Thank you very much for your recommendation. I have created the posting rule for Calculated Revenue to post to FI ( P&L Account and BS Account), and I have defined the Settlement Rule, etc.

When I execute the Settlement of the internal order the system is ignoring my Posting Rule to FI, and execute the posting using the data in the settlement rule.

Do you have any other recommendation about what I am doing wrong or what I am missing?

Thank you very much.

Rafael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramesh,

I have the same issue in RA i can see the values but when i run KO88 am not able to see any postings in FI accounts. is there any specific settings that i could be missing for this. Transfer to financila accounting has been checked.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Were you able to figure this out. If yes can you please let me know how you were able to work this out.

Thanks in advance