cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not terminated properly after smartforms finish printed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using dot matrix printer Panasonic KX-P1121. After the printer finish printing, it just stops at the last character instead of resetting the printer (scroll out a bit the paper and the cartridge in ready position). Is it my smartform problem or spad printer setting? The print job uses output device LOCL instead of specfic device type for panasonic.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be one of this problem or it could be some other problem...

1) Check your page settings(i.e page layout) in you SAP.

2) check the printer settings by going through the printer manual, i.e setting of upper margin, lower margin etc.

rgds,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copied the Epson device type to a custom device type and tick the page printer checkbox. It could print the whole page and terminate the printer properly but the problem is the form's alignment and character font changed, as well as the columns' lines were missing.

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

It could be a SPAD problem (driver) or a problem in the printer itself, since LOCL uses windows definitions of the local PC where the form is printed.

Try to use a device with a driver in SPAD for that printer model. If the problem persists, should be a printer problem.

Edit: this happens with all documents you print in SAP using that printer?

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Edited by: Valter Oliveira on Jun 18, 2008 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The printer has no problem with ABAP report printout but has problem with smartform/sapscript. I saw sap note 8928, the printer not in the sap support list.