cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A: pass portal logged in userID to WebDynpro ABAP IView.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created 2 WebDynpro ABAP Application that display data based on the UserID of the logged in user. Once integrated into the portal, normal usage scenario will be user logs into portal & then click on Link to launch the application.

My WebDynpro Application has application parameter IV_USER.

How can i pass the portal userID to the webDynpro ABAP application, via IView created.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can pass "iv_user=<User.LogonUid>" as application parameter in iview.

add iv_user parameter in HANDLEDEFAULT method of default window of webdynpro component.

that's it.

when u run your webdynpro application, you can have value of portal logged on userid in iv_user.

hope this will help u a lot.

-Haresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haresh,

Excellent it works !! Thanks a Lot. Is there a List of System parameters that can be passed like client number, system language etc?? Please fwd me the exhaustive set of the parameter list that can be passed via application parameter.

Note-I have already assigned you the points!!.

Edited by: Eureka on Jun 19, 2008 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thank you for reply. I am trying both defaulthandler method in window and sy-uname.

I am getting user id in window handler method . i was stored userid in one variable. how to get that window varialble in my view.

Can please explain me.

Thanks

Revathi raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haresh,

i m working on the same issue.i followed the same steps which u said above.while i m running this it is going to dump.

can u plz tell me steps to follow littile bie elabarately.....

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eurekha,

Could u please explain me the steps to follow ...to get the portal login userid into WDA.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys why dont you create a new message,

People might not be interested to answer you here as they wont get any points for there replies.

steps to enable user ID from Portal to WebDynpro Abap application.

On WD ABAP Side

a) Go to the Main Window of your WebDynpro application, Double click on it and select the tab 'inbound plugs'

b) Select & double click on the Plug Named 'DEFAULT' this would also have plug type as Startup

c) Add a new importing parameter below 'WDEVENT' parameter call it IV_USERID of Type UNAME.

d) Inside the method HANDLEDEFAULT for this plug you can freely assign this UserID, that would be available in the IV_USERID parameter at run-time after we complete other setting in Portal.

In my case i had a parameter in the component controller by name m_userid so i assigned it as

method HANDLEDEFAULT .

wd_comp_controller->m_userid = IV_USERID

endmethod.

e) Goto you webdynpro Application, double click on it & click on Parameters tab. Under Parameters column when you click f4 kind of pop-up would list you IV_USERID as one of the parameters select this.

Save your application.

On Portal side Create an iview of type WD ABAP , specify the application name exactly as named in webdynpro ABAP

ex :

Application Name - ZWDA_SHOW_SALES

Application Parameters - IV_USERID=<User.LogonUid>

Save & assign this iview to any page that user has access. remember JAVA IS CASE SENSITIVE!! any mismatch of the Application parameter yor application will not execute.

Eureka !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

Like however we passed the UserID, can we pass Group ID also to the ABAP Webdynpro application??

Can u get me other things, how to copy of the existing component and i want to give the new name for the component and there i need to modify, i dont want to disturb original component before copy...let me know the procedure for the same??

Regards,

PortalUser100

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have same requirement. I declared IV_USER=<User.Logon id> in application parameters and this works fine when I preview it. I mean, when I preview it, the back-end WebDynpro ABAP program gets the user's login ID.

But when I hit the portal link (with quick link for that iView), the back-end WebDynpro program does not get the user ID, it is just empty.

The authentication mechanism we are using is 'Window credentials' (I think this is called native Kerboros mechanism, but not sure)

Can some one let me know what I am missing here.

vinothkumar_g
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I facing the same problem. How to declare a parameter in component controller by name m_userid ?

bcoz previously you mentioned that you declared m_user id in component controller.

Regards

Vinoth.