cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set fontFamily property in Business Graphics UI Element?

nittingarg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I was trying to set the fontFamily property of BusinessGraphics(BG) UI Element. After setting the fontFamily property for BG UI Element, this property is not getting reflected in the chart in Portal but it is reflected under Chart designer. Is there something which is overwriting the user defined setting for fontFamily? and I am not using any URL for IGS.

On the other other UI Element properties like ChartType and dimention are reflected in both Chart Designer and Portal.

Please respond at ur earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nittin

Edited by: Nittin Garg on Jun 18, 2008 11:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope I am not too late

If you choose a locally installed TrueType font file within the chart designer, do you expect to have this installed on the IGS server machine as well - automatically?

As this is not possible you have to install TrueType font files on the server as well (note 531668).

Alternatively download and install the igshelper.sar that provides some Unicode TrueType font files (see note 1028690).

Regards, Kai

nittingarg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Kai,

Thanks a lot for your response.

1. According to your suggestion (note 531668), it has been found that XMLCHART is already installed on our Integrated IGS server.

2. According to note 1028690, it has been found that "IGS 6.40 with patch level 19 or higher" should be available, but in our case we have "IGS 6.40 with patch level 16". Now what I would like to inquire is that does upgradation have any side effects on server?

For your information I would like to clear you that I want to use Vrinda font (its a standard font), but at present font shown in the chart is Arial.

Do we need to install some other Interpreter (eg. GFWCHART)? or some thing else is required to show the desired standard font?

Regards,

Nittin

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GFWCHART is not used from Web Dynpro.

I recommend to update the IGS -> use the latest patchlevel and get the IGS TrueType font files automatically.

If you want to install additional fonts, fine!

Just make sure to tell the XMLCHART interpreter where your fonts are located on the server. This has to be done by configuring the file igs/conf/xmlchart as described in note 531668.

Regards, Kai

nittingarg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

As per your suggestion, We have updated our IGS with patch level 20. Still we are unable to set any other font except default font.

We are trying to use available fonts under <IGS DIR>/data/fonts, but instead default font could not be changed.

Can you suggest what could be the problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Nittin

Answers (0)