cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Firefox 3

hschaefer123
Participant
0 Kudos

Yesterday, the final of Mozilla Firefox 3 (FF3) was released.

It seems, that NW EP behaves well from this point,

but i saw some problems with WD JAVA.

I did not check all Widgets, but Roadmaps and Tabs for example are not rendering the right way.

We are using NW 7.0 SP14 at the moment. Does somebody know, if there are changes in SP15 concerning FF3? There are no hints in the release notes.

If not, will SP16 support Firefox 3?

Maybe someone has the needed info's.

Thanks,

Holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

As per the Product Availability Matrix for NW 7.0.*, it supports only FIREFOX 1.5 and 2.0.

You can check it yourself from the Service Market Place's Support Portal.

It is available under: Relase and Upgrade Info --> Product Availability Matrix.

You will need a sUSER to access this portal.

Regards,

Alka.

hschaefer123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

i know the current limitations from the PAM.

The problem is, that if you are using the portal as an intranet solution, you can control the supported browsers.

In a B2B situation, it is a little bit problematic. The customers does not really need info's about supported browsers.

At the moment, Firefox is also a major browser, so SAP cannot ignore this situation. Our own solutions have been tested with early firefox 3 Release Candidates and we are also able to support the update from version 2 to 3.

From the point of acceptance nw as a portal plattform, such major needs should be adopted early. I know a lot of customers, that will have a lot of calls for the support hotline.

From my point of view, such things have to be in the development roadmap for NW (supporting the major browsers). Especially for the long term release cycles of a support package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who said that SAP "ignores this situation"? But do you seriously expect that a browser is officially supported one day after its release?

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So schnell schießen die Preußen nicht

Armin