cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why we not able to assin a single plant to more than one company code?

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Plant is the area where all the sales activities will be processed with respect to the company code of one r more sales organizations.As our friends explained for accurate accounting purpose with respect to company code we have to assign a plant to only one company code. Bcz thre will be a seperate balance sheet and profit and loss account for each company code.

If we assign one plant to different company codes there is no need to create company code.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A plant can be assigned to only one company code,lBecuase complete functionality of System can only be ensured .

Stocks,Production and material movements has monetary value and it has to be recorded in accounts.(Balance sheet.... etc) This accounting documents(Balance sheet and Profit & Loss accounts) are maintained per company code level.

Hence legally and practically it is not possible to divide to more than one company code.

It is also a legal requirement.

Thanks,

Vrajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Why we not able to assin a single plant to more than one company code?

>

> David

Hi David,

Apart from obviously being a Restriction by SAP, i think the reason should be related to Accounting problems.

As far as i know we need to present the inventory valuation in the company balance sheet now say plant1 is assigned to Company Code A and Company Code B We dont know whose balance sheet to valuate the Inventory from plant1 into which is a legal requirement.

This i think is one of the reasons why we are permitted to assign one plant only to one Company Code.

I believe other reason must also be similar.

-Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The plant is an operating area within a company so same plant we can't assign to another company code.

it might be inventory problems

thanks

sar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot directly assign a plant in one company code to another company code, however for cross-company sales a plant in one company code can be assigned to a sales organization of another company code.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks

Venkata Rama Reddy.K

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

As per the standard single plant can't be assignod to more than one company code.

The relation between plant and company code is Meny to One not One to Meny.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.