cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM- XI- R/3 Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply but now i am facing one more problem at the mdm level.The Problem is when i try to import xml file for customer repository import manager flashes an error.Actually i have imported the .xml file from R/3 Client system but when i try to import it into a customer repository it gives me an error just because i am not able to define the correct .xsd file.Now can anybody tell me from where i can get the concerned .xsd file for the customer repository or let it be any repository.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

there are two ways of doing it.

1. The first is using XI: when you configure the iDoc adapter XI extracts the message type that corresponds to the iDoc that you are using. In that case, you can than export the corresponding XSD from XI and use-it in MDM for defining you Import Manager Inbound/Outbound.

2. In the MDM How-to guides section of MDM you can find a guide that explains how to generate an XSD file from an existing MDM repository using the xomLite tool. This XSD can than be used as a generic Inboud/Outbound Message for MDM. The mapping from/to the iDoc can than be done by XI or any other mapping tool (including XSLTs)...

I hope that helps you,

Regards, jc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

The predefined xsd files for R3 are supplied by SAP as predefined content & comes along with the installation package.In the installation package you should see something like

55310_Customer.zip

55310_Vendor.zip

etc...these contain the required xsd'd which should be copied on to the respective XML schemas in the Admin of the repository in console

Arvind

Pls reward helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a few questions regarding my XI and MDM installation ....

1: Can we have XI and MDM installtion done on the same box using same

hostname.??

2. Can you please let me know as to what should be the minimum or a good

server configuration for a MDM Installation.

3.Also if someone can please provide the configuration steps for a

successful MDM installation or can provide a helpful link where i can

find the confiuration steps.

4. Any realtime e.g of XI interfacing with MDM.

I hope i get to hear from the gurus very soon .

Thanks,

Sanjay.