Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in item category assignement

SO type + item cat grp + usage + higher lvl Item cat grp.

while determing item cat in a sales order item cat grp is assigned to material master data.

Where from item usage is feched?

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPRO- Sales and distribution- Sales -sales document-sales document item-define item usage.

thanks,

vrajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can c this field in Customer Material Information record.

say for one order type u want to propose another item category then we use this field and when the system finds the combination with item usage then it will propose the itme category assigned in this combination.

For ex: when i use customer X with same order type then system shld propose me different item cat. in this case i go to CMIR and give item usage field then in this combination i define my item cat.

Cheers,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know which program hard-coded the item usage?

0 Kudos

Item usage

The item usage indicator controls the system reaction when you process a sales document item in a certain context.

Use

This indicator can be used for determination of item categories, where you can use it to control which other item categories are to be found in a certain environment (text items and packing items, for example).

It can also control which items are to be billed in a service quotation or the corresponding sales order and which are only there for statistical reasons.

You can maintain the item usage indicator in Customizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Item usage can be found in Customer Material Info Record (VD51).

Prase

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David

Go to customer material info record (VD51 / VD52), give the sold to party code and execute. There select any line item and click on blue lens on top so that you can see a screen where at the bottom, there is a field "Item usage".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usage for the item in some cases is set internally in the ABAP Program.

Thanks,

Venkata Rama Reddy.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you mentioned

Usage for the item in some cases is set internally in the ABAP Program.

and can you tell me where i can find in abap program??

thank you.